Saturday, November 19, 2011

Mitt Romney mocks EPA in Manchester, NH


Mitt Romney may believe that humans contribute to global warming, but that doesn’t mean he thinks the EPA should do anything about it.

"I’m all in favor of eliminating pollution," Romney told voters at a November 18, 2011 event in Manchester, NH. “Now I know there is also a movement to say that carbon dioxide should be guided or should be managed by the Environmental Protection Agency. I disagree with that."

"I exhale carbon dioxide," he also said, openly mocking the EPA. "I don’t want those guys following me around with a meter to see if I’m breathing too hard."

Politico has full coverage of Romney’s latest remarks on global warming:

1 comment:

  1. Romney makes a fair point here -- by most people's standards, carbon dioxide does not pollute the air. The EPA redefined carbon dioxide as a pollutant because that’s the only way they could find authority to pass regulations pertaining to global warming. I’m not a lawyer, but it just seems like a really questionable move to me.

    ReplyDelete