Saturday, August 27, 2011

Mitt Romney talks global warming in Lebanon, NH

Mitt Romney’s latest comments on climate change came at this week’s Town Hall Meeting in Lebanon, New Hampshire. Here’s what he had to say, as reported by Reuters (among many others):

Do I think the world's getting hotter? Yeah, I don't know that but I think that it is. I don't know if it's mostly caused by humans...
What I'm not willing to do is spend trillions of dollars on something I don't know the answer to...
My view is pursue a strategy which gets us into energy independence which has as a byproduct it gets us into less CO2 emitting...
I do not believe in cap and trade and I do not believe in putting a carbon tax… I oppose those.
Mitt Romney also commented extensively on climate science and energy policy at a Town Hall Meeting in Dover, NH held that same day. Click here to read a transcript of his comments




No comments:

Post a Comment