- 58% of Americans believe there is solid evidence of global warming, up from 52% in 2010
- Only 26% believe there is not solid evidence of global warming
- 54% of Tea Party members and 56% of Independents believe there is solid evidence that the average temperature on Earth has been getting warmer over the past 5 decades
- 58% of Americans disagree with the statement that scientists are overstating evidence about global warming
- 57% believe Renewable Electricity Portfolios should be adopted by both state and federal governments
Republican presidential hopefuls like Tim Pawlenty and Newt Gingrich may want to start highlighting their past support for bipartisan solutions to climate change on the campaign trail. It could give them the edge they'll need to attract those key Independent and Tea Party votes in 2012.