Thursday, June 9, 2011

Herman Cain jumps into RGGI debate (Video)

Speaking at an Americans for Prosperity rally in New York City, Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain weighed in on the local debate over the future of the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative:

I know many of you all came out here today to because of your objection to R-G-G-I. It’s similar to the federal program that they tried to do called cap and trade and tax and kill. You see I renamed it. Cap and trade and tax and kill.
And as I looked at your R-G-G-I - they call it the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative - I renamed that one to. It should have been R-G-G-R: Regional Greenhouse Gas Rip-off.
Call it what it is. It is a rip-off. It is a hidden tax.
...............................................
A lot of people don’t realize that this R-G-G-I tax is a hidden tax. You and that’s why you’re here. I do. That’s why I do what I do. That’s why I’m fighting to go to Washington, D.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment