Saturday, June 4, 2011

Mitt Romney talks climate change in Manchester (video)

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney candidate made it clear he still believes in anthropogenic global warming at yesterday's town hall meeting at the University of Manchester. Watch video and read a transcript of his comments below:




I don’t speak for the scientific community of course, but I believe the world is getting warmer. I can’t prove that, but I believe based on what I read that the world is getting warmer.

And then, number two, I believe humans contribute to that. I don’t know how much our contribution is to that because I know there have been periods of greater heat and warmth in the past, but I believe we contribute to that.

And so, I think it is important for us to reduce our emissions of pollutants and greenhouse gases that may well be significant contributors to the climate change and the global warming that we see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment