Monday, June 6, 2011

Mitt Romney on energy efficiency

Former Massachusetts governor and 2012 Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney shared his thoughts on energy efficiency last Friday at a town hall meeting at the University of New Hampshire in Manchester. Watch video of his comments and read the transcript below:



Mitt Romney on energy efficiency: 


… I also want to see us become more energy efficient. I’m told that we use almost twice as much energy per person as does a European and more like three times as much energy as does a Japanese citizen. We could do a lot better.
I’d like to see us in our vehicles, in our homes, in our systems of insulation and so forth become far more efficient. I think that’s happening and I believe that we have a role to try to encourage that to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment